Saratoga Hospital has a drug take-back as well as a household sharps collection receptacle in the entrance of the Alfred E. Solomon Emergency Department across from the Public Safety office. The receptacles are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for any member of the public.
Details on both of the bins can be found below:
Drug Take Back
- Accepted: unused, unwanted or expired prescription medicine, vitamins, and over the counter medications
- There are two other 24/7 drug take-back drop boxes available in the county. They are at the Saratoga County Sheriff's Department in Ballston Spa and the Saratoga Springs Police Department
- Household sharps can be accepted only if they are in shatter-proof, leak-proof and puncture-resistant containers
- Examples of acceptable containers:
- Sharps boxes, sold in local pharmacies
- Hard plastic bottles, such as bleach and detergent containers with screw top lids
- Please label with marker as “Household Sharps”
Saratoga Hospital's Alfred E. Solomon Emergency Department is located at 211 Church Street in Saratoga Springs. The entrance is on the Myrtle Street side of the hospital. For more information, call 518-583-8313.