Our Occupational Medicine team provides comprehensive, customized solutions to help businesses maintain safe, healthy work environments. We are experts in preventing, diagnosing, and treating workplace injuries; helping businesses comply with regulatory requirements; and ensuring workplace safety.
As part of Saratoga Hospital Medical Group, we offer significant advantages:
• Physicians, including medical review officers, who are specially trained and board-certified in occupational medicine.
• 24/7 access to injury care and drug and alcohol screening.
• Prompt scheduling of government-mandated medical exams.
• On-site workplace support, including vaccination programs, consultation, and education.
Saratoga Hospital Medical Group – Occupational Medicine meets the health and safety needs of business customers through a combination of exceptional expertise and service. The practice is headed by an international expert in occupational medicine, toxicology, and environmental health. He leads a team of board-certified physicians and advanced practice providers (nurse practitioners and physician assistants) who have over 140 years of combined occupational medicine experience. All are well-versed in the latest regulatory requirements and the issues affecting today’s businesses and workforce.
“We have the skills, knowledge, services, and capacity to help businesses meet today’s safety and compliance challenges.”
To view a list of all of our providers, please click here.
For location specific information, please click below.
Click on any service to view more information.
Our team conducts physicals and other exams at your location or ours. Services include:
- Pre-placement and annual physicals.
- OSHA-mandated surveillance exams, including tests for:
- Chromium VI
- Crystalline silicas
- Hazmat worker
- FMCSA/DOT Driver exams
- 19A NYS bus driver exams
- FRA railroad worker exams
- Firefighter exams
- FAA pilot exams
- Audiometry/hearing conservation (CAOHC certified) exams
- Pulmonary function testing (NIOSH certified)
- Physical capacity screenings
- Vision exams (color, depth, acuity)
- Respirator fitness exams
- Qualitative and quantitative respirator fit testing
- Fit-for-duty exams
Our medical team includes providers who are authorized by the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board to oversee injury care and management for workers’ compensation-related cases. We are experienced in assessing injuries, overseeing treatment, evaluating return-to-work readiness, and preventing re-injury.
Our COVID-19 Business Safety Consultation Program helps employers open and operate safely. During the free consultation*—made possible with support from Adirondack Trust Company—we review safety plans and help fine-tune practices on screening, masking, social distancing, contactless interactions, disinfectant use, and other measures that can help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. We also provide a tool to help mark off the 6 feet required for social distancing and a “COVID-19 Safety Plan” certificate that affirms your commitment to safety.
Additional services include:
• Testing employees for the virus
• Helping with contact tracing.
• Determining when employees are well enough to return to work.
For more information, contact Taryn Woodard, BS, RN, at 518-886-5414 or twoodard@SaratogaHospital.org.
*Complimentary service for Saratoga Springs businesses.
Injured employees can receive care seven days a week at four convenient locations:
To promote wellness, we offer a variety of education and prevention services that can be provided at your workplace. Programs can be customized to meet your needs.
- Biometric screening
- Blood work, including tests for immunization titers, blood-borne pathogens, and exposure to hazardous materials
- Cardiovascular risk reduction
- Employee and management training programs
- Flu vaccination programs
- Smoking cessation programs
- Tuberculosis screening
- Workforce safety and ergonomic consultation
We provide return-to-work evaluations as part of our workers’ compensation-related services and for employees who have been on leave due to non-occupational-related injuries. These assessments help ensure employees are well enough to resume their previous duties and are not at risk of re-injury.
Drug and alcohol screenings are available at our occupational medicine offices in Malta and Queensbury and 24/7 at Malta Med Emergent Care. Results are analyzed by physicians who are certified by the Medical Review Officer Certification Council (MROCC). Screenings include:
- Random drug testing
- Urine drug testing
- Hair follicle testing
- Breath alcohol testing
- Reasonable suspicion testing
As a member of the eScreen® Occupational Health Network (EOHN), we can facilitate tests at thousands of sites nationwide, if necessary.