Saratoga Hospital offers comprehensive rehabilitation programs — occupational, physical, and speech therapy; cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation; and other specialty programs — at Regional Therapy Center locations throughout the Saratoga region. If you have a condition or injury that is limiting your ability to function, we can help.
The Regional Therapy Center at Saratoga Hospital provides outpatient rehabilitation services for patients of all ages. Our therapists develop customized plans for each patient, focusing on the skills you need to improve function at home, work, or play. And, if you start rehabilitation while you’re a patient in Saratoga Hospital, you can continue your program of care at one of our outpatient centers. Services are offered at five convenient locations in the Saratoga region.
The Regional Therapy Center is staffed by a team of more than 45 highly skilled healthcare professionals, including physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, athletic trainers, respiratory therapists, and other specialists. All are licensed by New York State and have extensive experience and training. All are committed to exceeding your expectations.
“Our therapists are highly skilled, experienced, and dedicated to helping each patient live life to the fullest”
– Peggy A. Lounsbury, OTR/L, FAOTA, Director, Regional Therapy Center
We have 5 convenient locations. Call 518-583-8383 for an appointment at the location that’s best for you.
Click on any service to view more information.
Our comprehensive, individualized physical therapy services can help you regain strength and mobility after an injury, illness, or surgery. Our therapists are highly skilled in the most effective rehabilitation techniques to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Back and neck pain - certified McKenzie and Maitland therapists on staff
- Chronic headaches
- Concussions and post-concussion syndrome
- Digestive symptoms and abdominal pain
- Foot pain - custom orthotics
- Limb loss or amputation - prosthetic training and rehabilitation
- Orthopedic conditions - rehabilitation and manual therapy
- Pelvic floor dysfunction, including pain, incontinence, constipation and voiding problems in women and men
- Trigger points
- Vertigo and balance problems - vestibular rehabilitation
We offer customized rehabilitation programs that target issues specific to women.
- Breast cancer - pre- and post-procedure rehabilitation, including lymphedema therapy
- Pelvic floor dysfunction, including pain, incontinence, constipation, and voiding problems
- Pregnancy-related back pain
Pregnancy-related back pain and breast cancer rehabilitation offered at All Regional Therapy Center outpatient locations →
We offer a variety of services to help patients adjust to changing circumstances and health status:
- Aging Safely in Place - rehabilitation assessment and recommendations
- Arthritis-related rehabilitation
- Cancer-related rehabilitation
- Joint preservation and rehabilitation
- LSVT BigTM and LSVTTM Loud therapy for patients with Parkinson's
- Lymphedema complete decongestive therapy - for arms, legs, and trunk without wounds
- Neurological rehabilitation - for stroke patients and others with neurological conditions
- Performing arts-related rehabilitation - for dancers, gymnasts, figure skaters, actors, singers, and musicians
- Pre-habilitation for patients scheduled for orthopedic or cancer surgery
Cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation are designed to help improve your cardiovascular and pulmonary health after a heart attack, angioplasty, or heart surgery, or if you have heart failure, peripheral artery disease (PAD), or COPD. Rehabilitation is typically ordered by your doctor. Programs are supervised by registered nurses and respiratory therapists and include:
- Exercise counseling and training, including flexibility, strengthening, and aerobic exercises. Cardiac patients wear portable heart monitors during exercise sessions. Oxygen levels and breathing are monitored for pulmonary rehabilitation patients. Leg pain is assessed for PAD patients.
- Education about your condition, including how to manage daily activities, reduce stress, and improve your health and well-being.
Occupational therapy helps patients of all ages increase independence and function in activities of daily living. Services include:
- Driving-related skills evaluation and recommendations
- Rehabilitation for hand pain, injuries, and post-surgery - certified hand therapists on staff
- Custom hand orthotics
These services meet the needs of injured and non-injured athletes of all ability levels. We provide rehabilitation for injuries to the ACL, ankle, elbow, hamstring, hand, hip, knee, and shoulder. We also help patients recover from arthroscopic and other surgeries and concussion and post-concussion syndrome. Equally important we teach patients how to prevent injuries by exercising safely, properly, and effectively. Our team of specially trained therapists includes a certified athletic trainer/certified strength and conditioning specialist, functional movement certified therapist, and Graston technique certified therapist. Services include:
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Kinesio taping
- Manual therapy
- ThermoStimTM and infared light treatment.
All Regional Therapy Center outpatient locations →
Sports Rehab Zone for agility, plyometrics, and suspension-training is located at
Regional Therapy Center at Malta →
These services include early treatment and specialized rehabilitation for injured workers as well as prevention programs for employers and employees. Our therapists provide work hardening, musculoskeletal injury prevention services, functional capacity evaluations, and ergonomic consultations. Ready-to-Work programs are offered through our Regional Therapy Center and occupational medicine program.
Through our After Therapy Club, you can continue to use our equipment to maintain function after you complete one of our rehabilitation programs. You must be able to exercise independently, and you will need clearance from your physician. Club members pay a nominal fee per visit. Another option is to join our adults-only Regional Therapy Center Health and Fitness Gym.
Aquatic physical therapy take advantage of water's soothing properties to help with rehabilitation and movement. These programs can offer considerable benefits for patients with conditions such as fractures, arthritis, back pain, and balance distrubances, as well as those who are recovering from joint replacement surgery. Our pool is designed specifically to enable patients of all heights to participate, and a hydraulic chairlift and built-in steps with railings ensure safe, easy access. Non-swimmers are welcome.
Speech therapy is provided by highly skilled speech-language pathologists who have extensive experience helping children and adults who have communication or swallowing problems. Our therapists treat a variety of issues, including:
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia) - imaging (video fluoroscopy) of swallow function and therapy using VitalStimTM
- Pediatric feeding and swallowing problems - in newborns, infants, and older children
- Voice, articulation, fluency (stuttering), and speech/language difficulties and impairments
- Voice and swallowing problems related to head and neck cancers
Our specially trained pediatric therapists work with children ages 3 or over who have minor developmental delays. Services include:
- Speech therapy for speech/language, articulation, and fluency problems
- Occupational therapy for fine motor coordination, sensory, visual-perceptual and visual-motor impairments, and handwriting problems
- Physical therapy for gross motor, strength, flexibility, coordination, and balance/gait problems
- For newborns, infants, and older children: pediatric speech therapy for feeding and swallowing problems
Our rehabilitation specialists provide physical, occupational, and speech therapy as needed for patients at Saratoga Hospital. Once you’re discharged, you can continue your rehabilitation program at one of our five outpatient Regional Therapy Centers.
Our Health and Fitness Gym provides a friendly, non-threatening environment where adults can exercise and socialize. The gym is outfitted with a full range of exercise equipment. Staff, including an exercise physiologist, are on hand to answer questions and are committed to helping you set and achieve attainable goals. For those who are dependent on oxygen, portable tanks are available on-site. We offer six-month, three-month and month-to-month memberships, as well as a per-visit rate through our After Therapy Club.
If you have completed a Regional Therapy Center rehabilitation program, within the past year, you must have your doctor sign the After Therapy Club clearance form indicating that you do not need to be monitored or supervised while exercising.
To assist your doctor in referring you for the correct services:
To prepare for your visit, please download and complete the following forms:
Prehabilitation Program of the Regional Therapy Center
After Therapy Club
To join the Health and Fitness Gym, please fill out the packet below:
For more information, contact Peggy Lounsbury, Director of the Regional Therapy Center.